Jissen Gata class Shinai is known for a thick Haribushi (body of the shinai) and Normal Kensaki (tip). This shifts the center of balance of the Shinai towards the Tsuka (Handle), and give the Shinai a sense of weightlessness as the Shinai sits comfortably in your grip.
Shinai Type: Large Haribushi and Normal Kensaki tip
Handle Type: Normal
Tsuba Size: L (Male) / M (Female)
Shinai product specification guide
|General use in Japan||Jnr High School||Snr High School||University/Adults|
|37 Male||38 Male||39 Male|
|Fully Assembled Weight (g)||440g+||480g+||510g+|
|Tsuka Diameter (mm)||24mm||25mm||26mm|
|37 Female||38 Female||39 Female|
|Fully Assembled Weight (g)||400g+||420g+||440g+|
|Tsuka Diameter (mm)||23mm||24mm||24.5mm|
- General use in Japan explains in general which categories the Shinais are used in Japan. For International Kendo customers, check with your Renmei in case recommendations are different.
- Full Assembled Weight does not include Tsuba and Tsubadome, and the weight range is a guide where the fully assembled Shinai's weight will fall into for this model of the Shinai.
- Tsuka Diameter is taken at the end of the Tsuka of the Bamboo Shinai, and is a specification estimation.
- Basic assembly of Shinai does not include Tsuka or Tsuka Dome. Tsuka and Tsuka Dome will need to be purchase separately unless specified.
Information about Tsukagawa Size & Length
Standard Length (Approx)
- Tsukagawa can stretch when it is fitted onto the Shinai or stretched over time after multiple use. The Standard length is an approximation, and customer need to take this into consideration when purchasing. Although Sankei Japan will ensure the length is as close to the standard length. Customers should not expect exact length but allow some deviation.