Extra large grip class Shinai are Shinais with large grips (wider diameter of the handle), and made for those with larger hands and wants a thicker grip. Extra large grip class Shinai can come in other ranges like Jissen Gata, Koto, and Normal types.
The Shugoshin Shinai is designed to have a shorter Tsuka compared to normal Shinais.
Shinai Type: Large Haribushi and normal Kensaki.
Handle Type: Extra large size handle for those with really big hands. This Shinai is designed with a short handle.
Tsuba Size: Special Enlarge Tsuka Required
Shinai product specification guide
|General use in Japan||Junior High School||Snr High School||University/Adults|
|37 Male||38 Male||39 Male|
|Fully Assembled Weight (g)||440g+||480g+||510g+|
|Tsuka Diameter (mm)||27mm||28mm||30mm|
|37 Female||38 Female||39 Female|
|Fully Assembled Weight (g)||Not Available||Not Available||Not Available|
|Tsuka Diameter (mm)||Not Available||Not Available||Not Available|
- General use in Japan explains in general which categories the Shinais are used in Japan. For International Kendo customers, check with your Renmei in case recommendations are different.
- Full Assembled Weight does not include Tsuba and Tsubadome, and the weight range is a guide where the fully assembled Shinai's weight will fall into for this model of the Shinai.
- Tsuka Diameter is taken at the end of the Tsuka of the Bamboo Shinai, and is a specification estimation.
- Basic assembly of Shinai does not include Tsuka or Tsuka Dome. Tsuka and Tsuka Dome will need to be purchase separately unless specified.
Information about Tsukagawa Size & Length
Standard Length (Approx)
- Tsukagawa can stretch when it is fitted onto the Shinai or stretched over time after multiple use. The Standard length is an approximation, and customer need to take this into consideration when purchasing. Although Sankei Japan will ensure the length is as close to the standard length. Customers should not expect exact length but allow some deviation.